New year, new you! 10 New Year's resolutions for your skincare routine
Learning a new language, reaching our personal goals or taking the next big step on the career ladder - whether we admit it or not, almost everyone makes one or two resolutions for New Year's. But how can we keep them and not find ourselves back to square one after just a few weeks?
Usually, the small changes can be successfully integrated into our daily routines and thus become habits - and successes. This year, your New Year's resolutions could focus on skincare.
Tips for good skincare & flawless skin
We've put together ten ways you can optimise your skincare routine. A routine that suits your skin's needs is essential for a glowing complexion. It's often the little things that make all the difference - and with a little persistence, our habits can change permanently:
1. Get to know your own skin: The best skin care products won’t work if they don’t match your skin type. You can have your skin type analysed by a skin expert and adjust your skincare accordingly. Whether you have oily, dry or irritated skin, you can choose between different variants when selecting a Croma skincare face serum. For a quick result, visit our website farewellskincare.com and take our skincare quiz.
2. Keep things tidy: You should always pay attention to the expiry dates on skin care products and dispose of them when they expire. Once you have found your favourites for your optimal routine, you don't need an endless product list.
3. Don't forget to remove make-up: You hear it all the time, but it's just too often neglected. Before going to bed, you should always remove your makeup thoroughly, to avoid waking up with blemishes the next morning. Whether it's after a wild night out or working extra hours at the office, our farewell puffy eyes face serum can help to combat puffy and tired under eyes.
4. Treat yourself. Run a bath with candles, indulge in a magazine and pamper your skin with one of our sheet masks to give yourself time to rest and recuperate.
5. Daily sun protection: The sun brings many good things, but that includes radiation that damages the skin over time. Consistent protection is therefore a must! Use SPF every day to reduce the impact of sun damage and prevent premature ageing.
6. Focus on hygiene: Make it a habit to regularly wash and clean all objects that come into contact with your face. This way you can limit the spread of bacteria. This applies to make-up brushes and sponges but also to towels, bed sheets and your smartphone.
7. Pay attention to nutrition: it’s not just high-quality skincare that helps to ensure healthy skin, but also what you eat. A balanced diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables, good carbohydrates, fats and proteins serves as a good basis. If you also drink enough water and avoid sugar, alcohol and nicotine, you will support a radiant and healthy skin tone.
8. Pay attention to your neck and décolletage: The skin on the neck and décolleté is just as thin and in need of care as the face - be sure to take care of these areas!
9. Less is more: too much make-up and too much skincare can cause skin blemishes. A thick layer of foundation or mixing a multitude of skincare products can cause pimples.
10. Hang in there! All of these tips will help your skin glow if you follow them consistently. Incorporate them into your daily routine little by little so that they become part of your life.